Products that may interest you:
- [product id="16"]
As we choose foods that starve Candida and other opportunistic bugs, yeast and bacteria cells die. As they die, they release waste and something called endotoxin.
As you may guess, endotoxin is slightly toxic to the body. And because the immune system mounts a response to this endotoxin, we usually feel worse as we cleanse.
This phenomenon is what’s known as a Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction.
Candida Die-Off: Why You Feel Worse Before You Feel Better
Charee N., a fan of the Body Ecology Facebook fan page, asks:
“I have been on the B.E.D. for a month now and I feel worse in a lot of ways. Do some people feel worse before they get better? Anyone else experiencing what I am?”
LivAmend provides liver support at the cornerstone of detox. Cleanse from within with powerful antioxidants that can help your body eliminate waste.
When we clean up our diet, it seems like we are more sensitive than ever to our food and our environment.
When you first begin to cleanse on The Body Ecology Diet, you may feel worse as your body dumps all the waste and low-grade infections it has been carrying around. As your body begins to release toxins, your immune system reacts—triggering a Herxheimer response.
This can cause:
- Flu-like symptoms
- Skin rashes
- Vaginal itching
- Depression or anxiety
Essentially, your immune system kicks up an inflammatory storm as toxins move through and out of your body.
Often, this is when people quit a new diet—although the symptoms may be a signal from the body to slow down and focus on assisting the detox process. During this time of cleansing, the body is inflamed. The immune system is up in arms. It is critical that you give your body the attention that it needs, without shrugging off your symptoms as “just cleansing.”
8 Tips to Support Cleansing
- Eat warming, predigested foods. For example, heat makes food easier to digest. So choose cooked foods (like soup) over raw foods. And if you plan to eat raw, make sure that your raw food is cultured and predigested with a probiotic starter.
- Always include cultured foods on your plate. Fermented foods contain beneficial bacteria and yeast that soothe away inflammation. These good guys are also pros at metabolizing waste.
- Consider colon hydrotherapy, especially if you are not eliminating at least once a day. As you cleanse, your colon is your best friend because it escorts waste and toxins out of the body. Constipation prolongs a Herxheimer response as waste and toxins are reabsorbed back into the bloodstream and often come out through the skin.
- Focus on antioxidants and liver support. Your liver transforms waste so that it can be eliminated. Antioxidants are damage control; they sweep up the mess before it snowballs into free radical damage and runaway inflammation. Donna formulated LivAmend with herbs like milk thistle and wasabi, concentrated sources of antioxidants. Cruciferous vegetables—like cabbage, cauliflower, arugula, and watercress—are also high in antioxidants.
- Continue to avoid sweet foods, even naturally sweet foods, as they will feed the exact organisms you are getting rid of! If you crave something sweet, use a few drops of stevia to sweeten a warm cup of tea or lemon water.
- Gently move the body, enough to work up a sweat. It doesn’t take much. For example, bouncing on a mini trampoline will stimulate the lymphatic system and support your efforts to cleanse. Your body will also release waste as you sweat. Remember, keep it simple and keep it gentle.
- Drink plenty of water. Dehydration traps toxins in the body and closes down elimination channels. Staying hydrated is key to support detoxification.
- Practice deep breathing. Increasing oxygen into your cells not only stimulates the lymphatic system and boosts the immune system, but it can also boost your energy and sense of wellbeing.
Remember, the cleansing period may be taxing, physically and mentally.
Take it easy. Journal about your feelings. Try to create some quiet time to nourish yourself during your healing journey.
What To Remember Most About This Article:
You may have noticed on a cleanse that you often feel worse before you feel better. As you starve Candida on The Body Ecology Diet, you may experience unpleasant symptoms as your body releases waste and low-grade infections. Symptoms include acne, rashes, vaginal itching, headaches, flu-like symptoms, anxiety, and insomnia.
There are eight essential ways to support cleansing and restore health to your body:
- Eat warming, predigested, cooked foods—enjoy raw foods cultured with a probiotic starter.
- Eat beneficial fermented foods at each meal to fight inflammation.
- Try colon hydrotherapy if you suffer from constipation.
- Support your liver with powerful antioxidants found in LivAmend.
- Avoid high-sugar and naturally sweet foods—try stevia for a sweet taste instead.
- Engage in gentle activity to work up a light sweat.
- Stay hydrated to aid in detoxification.
- Rely on deep breathing to boost immunity, energy, and wellbeing.
- [product id="22"]
- [product id="16"]
- [product id="1"]
- [product id="37"]
Want more articles like this?
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, weekly articles, and tips from Donna and her team.