Are you ready for Christmas in October? This vibrant and robust recipe with red and green vegetables has the crunch you need to satisfy your taste for the fall!
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Lemon juice
- 1 T coconut oil
- Rinse chard.
- Start at top of stem stalk where leaves are full, and cut right down middle of stalk while leaves are still intact.
- Once halved, cut or pull leaves in bit size pieces. When you get to the whole red stem, cut 3-4” of red stem in bite size pieces, keeping whole stem parts separate (those will take longer to cook).
- Boil water, blanch stems first (alone) for 2-3 minutes; remove, run under cold water, and set aside to drain.
- Blanch chard leaves in boiling water for 1-2 minutes (should be a beautiful bright green and red), remove from boiling water, run under cold water, and set aside to drain.
- Heat oil in sauté pan over medium-high heat, add red bell pepper to sauté for 2 minutes, and then add red stem pieces.
- Sauté for another 2 minutes, and add chard leaves and red pepper flakes (if desired).
- Finish sauté in 2 more minutes.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice over top.