Spinach is full of the essential minerals your body needs to prevent unhealthy cravings for refined salt. Eat this delicious and simple dish sprinkled with mineral-rich sea salt to improve the clarity of your skin!
- 1 bag of fresh spinach
- ½ onion, small dice
- 2 Tbsp ghee (separated)
- 2 Tbsp chopped almonds
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Melt 1 TBSP ghee in sauté pan; sauté chopped almonds until lightly browned (set aside).
- Melt 1 TBSP ghee in large pot.
- "Sweat" onion over low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- When partially translucent, turn to low heat and add fresh spinach.
- Cover and let cook together, stirring occasionally (don’t let brown or burn) as spinach reduces.
- Drain spinach, and keep warm/hot.
- Pour almonds and 2 tsp lemon juice over spinach, and sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Serve immediately.