- 4 Red bell peppers, cleaned & halved
- 1 Onion medium, finely chopped
- 2 Celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 Carrot, finely chopped
- ¼ C Fresh mint, chopped (or other spice – cilantro, thyme, rosemary, etc) (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil or ghee (or combination)
- 3 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 3 C Millet, cooked
- Celtic Sea Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Sprinkle red bell peppers w/sea salt
- Heat oil/ghee in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery and carrot.
- Cover and cook until veggies are softened (approx 5 minutes) Stirring as needed
- Add cooked millet, mint (or other favorite spice), parsley, lemon juice, sea salt – stir to mix well. Taste for seasonings.
- Stuff millet mixture into red bell peppers. Stand peppers up in a baking dish, pour 1/2” water around peppers (not over peppers)
- Cover dish with lid to hold in heat, cook for approx 40-50 min or until peppers are fork tender.
Serves 4-8 depending on portions.