Good on a quiet afternoon, this is a super simple potato soup spiked with fresh dill. Serve it alongside a fresh salad of fennel, kohlrabi and red onion.
- 2 tbsps ghee*
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced thin
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs new potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 quarts vegetable stock
- 2 tbsps chopped dill
- Melt the ghee in a heavy-bottomed stock pot. Stir in leeks, onion and garlic. Saute until fragrant - about 5 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth, stir in dill and serve.
*Dairy-free? Substitute coconut oil.