Sides and condiments add a little variety and help balance a big holiday feast, so add a few to enhance digestion this Thanksgiving.
- Daikon greens from 1-2 daikons
- Carrot greens from 1-2 carrots
- 1 tbsp. roasted gomashio (for strength and clarity of mind)
- Tamari to taste
- Prepare greens, keeping them separate.
- Boil and sauté the daikon greens until they turn bright green, and then add carrot tops.
- Cover and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add tamari and cook until moisture is gone. (Do not burn!)
- Add the roasted gomashio (sesame seeds); mix gently.
Note: For another great side, grate 1-2 daikons, add a small amount of tamari, and let sit for 15-30 minutes. Add grated raw carrot and shape into a mound.
Remember, all condiments can balance specific emotional states, especially during those lovely holiday gatherings. Make sure to add grains like quinoa, millet, and amaranth to the sides for the best results.