This is one of our most popular soups and is great to serve to even your most difficult-to-please guests. It combines with animal protein and grain entrees. Make enough to have for several meals. It disappears quickly in our families.
- 1 Tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- Approximately 4 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. fresh tarragon, chopped, or 1 Tbsp. dried (or to taste)
- Water to cover
- Sea salt or Herbamare (just enough to bring out a delicious taste)
- In a soup pot, melt oil and then add tarragon if using it dried.
- Add onion, sautéing until translucent.
- Add carrots, cauliflower and water (also add tarragon if using fresh).
- Simmer until tender (approximately 25 minutes)
- In blender, purée.
- Return to soup pot, adding sea salt or Herbamare.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and serve.
This is a very elegant soup and is excellent with animal protein meals such as grilled salmon steak. Everyone loves it!