Why Proper Bile Flow in Your Body is Essential for Getting Rid of Toxins

Posted July 10, 2008. There have been 9 comments

Feeling sluggish? Could be sluggish bile.  Boost your bile flow to boost your energy, and the rest of your body will thank you. Just follow Body Ecology’s Bile Basics and you’ll cleanse your liver, nourish your gall bladder and enjoy better digestion.

You may not hear much about bile, but did you know that it helps you detoxify?

Secreted by your liver and stored in your gall bladder between meals, bile is a complex fluid that :1

1. Contains bile acids that are essential for your digestion and absorption of fats and fat-soluble vitamins, as well as aiding your digestion of proteins and starches.
  2. Regulates your intestines’ level of friendly bacteria and yeast, the good microflora that keep you healthy and strong.
  3. Destroys unwanted and dangerous organisms as they invade your body.
  4. Encourages peristaltic action in your intestines to help fecal matter move through and out of your body.
  5. Is a critical part of your body’s detoxification process. Your liver uses bile as a way to get rid of all kinds of waste products through the secretion of bile. Your body then eliminates both bile and waste products, helping your liver cleanse.

When these processes function appropriately, you feel great!

But if your bile just isn’t flowing like it should, then you could experience a whole host of symptoms, from mild to severe like:

That’s right, healthy bile is essential for a healthy body, so here are Body Ecology’s 5 Bile Basics to encourage healthy bile flow through your bile ducts, helping you digest your food better and naturally enhancing the detoxification of your body.

Body Ecology’s 7 Bile Basics

Bring on the bile!

Healthy bile is intricately connected to a healthy liver and a healthy gall bladder. Support the function of those organs, and you will enjoy healthier bile flow.

1. When you wake up, drink 6 oz of warm water with the juice of one lemon. This antiseptic drink supports a natural, daily liver cleanse.
  2. Eliminate even good fats and oils from your diet for a period of time. Instead, flavor your food with herbed salts and spices. Be creative! Giving your bile a break from having to break down fats at every meal helps your liver and gall bladder rest too.
  3. Avoid sugar and processed foods. High dietary intake of sugar and processed foods is linked to gall bladder disease. Create options for yourself that satisfy your sweet craving without the empty calories and sugar.
  4. Eat cultured vegetables. Packed with probiotics (good bacteria and yeast), cultured vegetables are a mainstay of the Body Ecology system and heal your body with every bite. Try some of our delicious recipes for Korean Kim Chi or make up your own!
  5. Take LivAmend. Donna Gates, the creator of the Body Ecology system for health and healing, has formulated an amazing liver, bile, gall bladder support called LivAmend. LivAmend contain the top three natural ingredients you need to improve bile flow.
  6. Want to get your bile flowing, support liver function and help your body heal? Then you need LivAmend. This amazing all natural formula has three important ingredients that help your liver cleanse your blood and tissues from toxins AND boosts bile flow.Try LivAmend today and feel the difference!

7. Start drinking probiotic liquids. Probiotics contain healthy microflora that support your digestive health.Probiotic liquids are a great way to add probiotics to your system, boost your energy and your immunity. One of the best probiotic liquids for liver health is CocoBiotic.
  8. Try these foods specifically to improve your bile flow:
    • Grated radish (daikon) takes oil and fats from your body
    • Leeks are antiseptic and help bile keep your intestines clean
    • Asparagus and celery are good liver cleansers
    • Carrots build your blood and encourage the secretion of bile

Bring on the Bile

When you focus on your bile flow, your liver, gall bladder and digestion will automatically improve.  Chances are, you’ll experience better health in the rest of your body as well. Remember, your body is a finely tuned and complex system that needs every little organ and function to work properly.

So get the bile out, and enjoy your newfound health and vitality!

If you suspect that your liver is sluggish, even if you are not an alcoholic, read about Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in Get The Bile Out! Why the Growing Disease Called NAFLD May Be Harming You

Sources:

Gates, Donna, “The Body Ecology Diet.”

1 Bowen, R. “Secretion of Bile and the Role of Bile Acids in Digestion,” http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/liver/bile.html

1 Bowen, R. “Secretion of Bile and the Role of Bile Acids in Digestion,”http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/liver/bile.html Gates, Donna, “The Body Ecology Diet.”

Post Categories: Detox Probiotics

• Hi. Have recently had my gall bladder removed and surprised me by finding Nuro Endocrine Tumers and cancer in my small lower intestine plus a high serotonin level of 10,000 that is dropping and halved due to Monthly injection of Sandostatin. No GB and drugs and high serotonin all collude in giving me extreme discomfort in digesting the food that I like, spicy and exotic. BUT, I have recently been taking protein powder Sustagen. And surprise, my tummy seems to be settling down. Is there a reason for this or is it just my body changing.

• @robin,drinking 1 liter of water early in the morning, 45 minutes before eating breakfast and eating fresh pineapples daily relieved me of constipation.

• Kevin's tips are great! One thing is missing.. That's aerobic exercise. I find without it anything for bile needs to be done constantly throughout the day to keep it going. In me it seems to depend on herbs to move it, however if you exercise which is really the 'main missing issue with bile flow' then you will have a better gallbladder function and may not even need herbs to get it going, unless you have stones. In that case try Gold Coin Grass. I believe the gallbladder really is the key to the best healthy. I have had issues with almost everything and after years of focus on the liver I find its actually the gallbladder. Focus on it's health and you will heal.

• It isn't clear to me if you are talking about bile production or bile movement. Your liver may have the ability to produce all the bile acids necessary but then there might be stasis, thickening of the bile, or blockage causing a slowdown in the actual flow. Do those 7 suggestions contain nutrients that would enable your liver to actually produce an adequate quantity of bile acids/bile or just promote the thinning of the existing bile to get it moving? Tk. you. It is possible that I do not understand the working of the liver/gallbladder system.

P.S. What about Robin's problem (above)? Can anyone help her out other than suggesting she go on a ketogenic diet, which is being described here as a cure-all.

• how does one without a gallbladder get bile if not storing it?

• Dear Robin,

My suggestion to you is going on the Ketogenic diet (easy to find info on the net about ketosis). It's hard at first but it will solve all of your problems. IF your liver has a hard time creating quality bile, I'd suggest following Kevin's formula for bile production. Once bile production is up, you'll have a much easier time with ketosis.

Hope this helps!

• I use organic cold pressed coconut oil a tsp a day and it has made my life constipation free.

• Dear Robin,
    I've been learning a lot about the benefits of good bile production and a healthy liver. Here are a few tips to try...
    1. Drink .66 x body weight (lbs) in water per day. So, if you weigh 100lbs then drink 66oz of water per day.
    2. Try a daily liver health boosting supplement that includes milk thistle, turmeric, maybe dandelion root.
    3. Ingest 1/2 teaspoon turmeric per day. Sprinkle on foods or mix into a glass of milk maybe with some honey. * Tumeric could be you key for helping to produce bile and is very anti inflammatory.
    4. Balance your omega 3 and 6 intake. Flax and Chia seeds are good 3s and easy to add to diet for cheap. Grind the flax in a coffee grinder and sprinkle.

I hope this helps even though your post was a while ago.
    Kevin

Posted on Dec 25 at 5:32 am

• I have been on epilepsy medicantion all my life, and so I have experienced lots of constipation in my life. I am now 56 and it seems to be worse than ever. i eat mostly fruits and veggies, i've taken
    probiotics, my skin is so dry so now i take flax oil and i an STILL so constipated that i am lucky if i can go 2 or 3 times a week and is slows me down i am tired all the time and i have a sit down job, so i shouldn't be tired. when i take things to move my problem like calm, my body seems to get used to it and calm won't work anymore. I am tired of living like this and i am looking for answers because i will always have to take medication ...but i like having an active life but if i am so constipated that i look 6 months pregnant i just sit... PLEASE HELP ! thank you for listening

Comments