If you are new to the Body Ecology Diet or yo-yo on and off the diet, you may wonder, “How do I make the diet work for me?”
Remember, during this process you are taking the time to listen to your own body and its needs.
Once you get to know your body and what actually nourishes it, as well as the foods that inflame and inhibit it, your food choices will shift on their own. This shift will bring about an inner balance. You will begin to feel lighter and have more mental and physical energy.
The importance of avoiding certain foods cannot be overemphasized.
Candida, fungal overgrowth, gluten intolerance or sensitivity, gut dysbiosis, and immune system imbalances are all messages from your body.
By taking the time and energy to listen, you are taking a very powerful step toward your health and ultimately, into a deeper part of yourself. The food industry is massive and listening to your own body is a bit like marching to the beat of your own drum.
It means seeing the truth behind food advertisements and marketing. It may also mean getting creative and reinventing old family recipes or traditional favorites. These are all good things, right? Self-awareness, discernment, and creativity!
Think you can't cook? Think again! With a little planning, healthy Body Ecology meals are easy to prepare at home for you and your family.
Making Body Ecology work for you!
- If you are someone who thinks “I don’t cook” or “I can’t cook” - throw that idea out the window. If you are thinking either of these things or any variation of them, ask yourself if you want to cook and prepare food. If the answer is yes, then you can do it! If the answer is no, then you may want to find someone who will spend time in the kitchen and show you how easy it can be.
- Meal planning helps. A lot. For example, bringing a satisfying Body Ecology lunch with you to work is made possible with a little foresight and maybe a little food preparation the night before while you are making dinner. Lunch is an important part of the day, and Body Ecology never recommends skipping meals as falling blood sugar levels may release a hormone called cortisol, which can further compromise the mucosal layer of the gut.
- Stay hydrated. As you increase fiber in your diet, either by adding more vegetables or Body Ecology grains, being properly hydrated will support healthy bowel function.
- As much as possible, purchase organic, local, and seasonal foods. Organic can also mean wild-crafted, or if you are purchasing wild game meat, this qualifies as organic even though it does not have the label. Organic means that no hormones or antibiotics were added to the feed or injected into an animal. When buying farm raised animal products, buy meat that is 100% grass-fed and eggs that are both cage-free or free-range and organic.
- Organic also means that vegetables are less likely to be genetically modified and that harmful pesticides and chemical fertilizers have not been used in the cultivation process.
- Shopping at your local farmer’s market or Co-opportunity or signing up for a subscription at a local Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm is a great way to eat local, seasonal, and organic. A fun project for yourself and your family? Grow a small garden outdoors or research indoor gardening! Culinary herbs sitting next to a windowsill are an easy way to brighten up even the most urban of apartment homes.
- Eat as many fermented food products as possible. If you cannot always find organic vegetables, that’s okay! Keep in mind that friendly microbes are great detoxifiers and are always working hard to bring your system into the greatest possible balance.
- Cultured foods also help to stave off sugar cravings. Fermenting coconut water at home to make Coconut Water Kefir is a wonderful way to add a cultured food to your diet, and it is a simple process.
- Three elements to try: Stevia, Vegetable Culture Starter, and Body Ecology Vitality SuperGreen.
- If you do not have much of a sweet tooth, you may be able to live without stevia. Chances are though, if you are experiencing fungal overgrowth or if you are having a hard time shifting to a gluten-free diet that eliminates sugars, you may enjoy the sweetness that stevia can add to a cup or tea or a fermented bowl of coconut meat. Remember, a little goes a long way. Stevia is 300 times sweeter than sugar.
- Fermented foods support the microbiota in the gut, help to detoxify the body of elements like heavy metals, assist in breaking down foods, and curb sugar cravings. Probiotic beverages are an easy way to build the beneficial bacteria in the gut and rebuild your inner ecosystem.
- Vitality SuperGreen is the most important element in a dietary plan that is focused on rebuilding the inner lining of the gastrointestinal tract. This is because it has GlutImmune, the most bioavailable and stable form of glutamine available. It delivers up to 10 times more glutamine into the bloodstream than L-glutamine. Why is glutamine so important? It is the preferred fuel and nitrogen source for the small intestine. Several studies have shown that it supports the regeneration and repair of the intestinal epithelia. Research has also found that L-glutamine increases the number of cells in the small intestine, the number of villi on those cells, and the height of the villi.
What To Remember Most About This Article:
If you are new to the Body Ecology diet or are just experiencing some confusion on the Diet, realize that transforming your health is as simple as listening to your body!
Follow these simple Body Ecology tips to improve your digestive health and your overall vitality:
- You can learn to cook and prepare Body Ecology-friendly foods at home.
- Meal planning is the key to your success in sticking to the Diet.
- Always stay hydrated to support healthy bowel function.
- Eat organic, local, and seasonal as often as possible.
- Enjoy fermented foods liberally in your diet to rebuild your inner ecosystem.
- Try Stevia, Vegetable Culture Starter, and Body Ecology Vitality SuperGreen as essential dietary aids to curb sugar cravings, detoxify the body, and rebuild a healthy digestive tract!
Better Digestion, Boost Immunity
Kefir has many benefits, including better digestion of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. It has been known for thousands of years for its anti-aging and immune-enhancing properties.
Kefir is an ancient cultured food, rich in amino acids, enzymes, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and B vitamins. Kefir means "feel good" in Turkish, and that's just how you'll feel after drinking a glass in the morning! Easy and fun to make at home, it is superior to commercial yogurt. An absolute must after antibiotic use!
Unlike yogurt, kefir can actually colonize the intestinal tract and is simple and fun to make at home. To make kefir: Mix one packet with 1 quart of warm milk, cover and set at room temperature for 18-24 hours. Refrigerate and enjoy!
Each packet yields 1 quart of kefir, and can be reused up to 7 times. This means you can create 10 ½ gallons of kefir from one box!
- Digest fats, proteins and carbohydrates
- Has anti-aging and immune-enhancing properties
- Rich in amino acids, enzymes, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and B vitamins
- An absolute must after antibiotic use
Resist Infections, Enhance Digestion
- Ideal for appetite and weight control
- Ideal for pregnant women
- Ideal for children with Autism and ADD
- Curbs cravings for bread, sweets and dairy
Complete Superfood Nutrition
Benefits for the common condition of leaky gut* - formulated with ingredients shown to maintain a healthy gut lining1,2,3
What makes Vitality SuperGreen different from all the other green drinks on the market today? It’s the very alkalizing formula - the fermented algae blend, red marine blend, intestinal support blend and fermented green veggies —specially created by Donna Gates—that soothes and is very healing to the gut lining. A generous amount of nutrient-rich elements like L-glutamine, FOS from chicory inulin, GMO-free Sunflower Lecithin, and aloe vera extract (200:1) help establish and maintain a healthy inner ecosystem. We’ve spared no cost in blending together an extraordinary spectrum (or life force) of fermented algae and cereal grasses, fermented green veggies, enzymes, probiotics and food-based supplements providing you the highest quality fermented green drink on the market today.
Nourish Your Inner Ecosystem with 2 scoops per day.
- Strengthens immunity so you feel more energetic and vibrant*
- Offers an excellent source of complete nutrition - easily assimilated protein, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, lignans, essential fatty acids, nucleic acids, and beneficial microflora*
- Soy Free • Dairy Free/Vegan
- Provides healthy food for beneficial microflora - a potent, mineral-rich blend of fermented algae and red marine algae4
- Fermented to magnify bioavailability*
- Rich in antioxidants
- Detoxifies the body to help maintain a healthy weight*
- Unlike many superfoods on the market today, Vitality SuperGreen tastes great!
Sweet-tasting Herbal Extract Dietary Supplement
- Zero Calorie, Zero Carbohydrates, Zero Glycemic Index
- 985 servings in every bottle
- Bitter-free, refreshingly sweet, smooth-tasting
- Minimal processing for highest purity