Get Over 250 Recipes
The BE Living Cookbook
The four Body Ecology grain-like seeds are quinoa, buckwheat, amaranth, and millet. All four have complex amino acid profiles and are a concentrated source of minerals and phytonutrients.
Grain-like seeds, and in particular quinoa, are nutrient-dense foods that are best when eaten according to the 80/20 Body Ecology Diet principle. This means that 80% of each meal is non-starchy vegetables, while the remaining 20% can be grain-like seeds and/or starchy vegetables.
Soaking your grains for 8-24 hours is essential. While this step may require a bit of forethought, skipping this step means that you are setting yourself up for digestive difficulties and mineral loss.
Adding salt to your soaking liquid helps to active enzymes that deactivate enzyme inhibitors like phytic acid. Phytic acid:
The only Body Ecology Diet nut is the almond, as it is slightly alkaline. Nuts should only be eaten if they are well-tolerated and even then, in small quantities. Again, soaking nuts in a salt brine or slightly acid solution, such as coconut water kefir, is the best way to reduce the amount of phytic acid.
These microalgae contain more chlorophyll than any other food, so they have natural blood strengthening properties. Oftentimes, when meat and animal products are left out of the diet, the body becomes anemic. Regularly consuming microalgae that is rich in chlorophyll nourishes the blood.
It also reduces inflammation, and athletes often use it to increase endurance and performance. 10-15 grams of Spirulina protein is satiating and strengthening before athletic performance. While it can reduce inflammation associated with diabetes, arthritis, and cancer, Spirulina also repairs the liver and protects the kidneys from strong prescription medicine. (3)
What else does the microalgae Spirulina do?
Unfortunately, Spirulina can be difficult to digest. If your gastrointestinal tract is at all compromised, it can be impossible to digest.
Body Ecology Super Spirulina Plus is completely fermented.
This means that it works with the delicate nature of your gut, making hard-to-digest nutrients readily available to your body for immediate use.
Spirulina is over 60% protein, and in its raw state, we absorb very little. In its fermented state, we digest 70%- 80% of Spirulina.
If you are consuming large quantities of Spirulina, it is possible that you are receiving little nutritional value from it because in its raw state, these valuable macronutrients and phytonutrients are not readily available.
Just as nuts and grain-like seeds require special preparation to extract full nutrient benefit, Spirulina also needs special preparation. Body Ecology Super Spirulina Plus provides a fermented and digestible form of Spirulina and includes grain-like seeds that have also undergone fermentation, providing you with the most bioavailable and nutrient-dense protein powder available.
Getting more protein in your diet to protect your health is easy!
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, the BE Blueprint, and tips from Donna and her team.
Information and statements regarding dietary supplements/products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Information on this website is provided for informational purposes only and is a result of years of practice and experience by the author. This information is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. Do not use the information on this website for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal, or homeopathic supplement, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your healthcare provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read on this website.