Are you looking for natural wound care solutions for yourself and your family? Whether for cuts and scrapes or more serious conditions like psoriasis or diabetic ulcers, you owe it to yourself to find out why typical antibacterial ointments are risky and don’t stack up to natural wound care solutions.
“I want something natural in my medicine cabinet for myself and my kids.”
Whether camping, playing outdoors, chopping veggies in the kitchen or even the natural process of aging, we all experience wounds from time to time. Often, wounds are the result of a trauma or emergency and you want something quick and convenient -- yet also safe and natural – to help your body heal quickly.
But did you know that most of the wound care products on the market today work against your immunity and long-term healing?
At Body Ecology, we teach you how to tap into your body’s natural immunity for health and longevity. So how do you do this when it comes to wound care?
Who’s Most Susceptible to Wounds?
While you’d think kids are most susceptible to wounds while running and playing outdoors, adults are just as susceptible, if not more so.
Wounds or sores, like the following, are a common occurrence:
- Surgical procedures
- Athlete’s foot
- Diabetic ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
And yet, many people do not know how to treat wounds effectively.
Still, whether child or adult, it’s important to treat your wound effectively to speed up healing and avoid bacterial infection.
Healing Wounds and Preventing Bacterial Infection
Caring for your wounds effectively is important because all wounds are exposed to bacteria, which can cause bacterial infection. For this reason, a lot of people think the answer is antibiotic ointments, however, these antibacterial ointments can create more problems.
According to Gerald Lazarus, MD, professor of dermatology and director of the Johns Hopkins Wound Center, many people end up using the wrong antibiotic, which can breed bacterial resistance and cause contact dermatitis.
Dr. Lazarus says that Gentamycin cream is an example of an antibiotic ointment that can breed resistance and cause contact dermatitis, thus slowing wound healing.
Additionally, Dr. Lazarus warns that many people are allergic to antibacterial ointments, with Neosporin being the most common allergen and Bacitracin showing up high on the list as well.
Antibiotic ointments may seem like the answer to prevent bacterial infections, but they carry big risks, such as: bacterial resistance, inflammation from allergens and contact dermatitis…all of which slow the healing process.
On top of that, most of the antibiotic ointments on the market contain toxins, like petrolatum, which disrupts your normal skin respiration by blocking oxygen.
According to the EPR Center for the Study of Viable Systems at Dartmouth Medical School, “Oxygen is perhaps the most important variable in the healing of wounds, as has been shown empirically in patients and more specifically in animal models.” 
The risks form antibacterial products seem to far outweigh the potential benefits.
Natural Solution for Wound Care
As you can see, many wound care products on the market today actually work against your immune system, making it harder for your body to heal. At Body Ecology, we teach you to boost immunity naturally with a unique system of whole foods and fermented foods and drinks.
The Body Ecology system honors building a strong immune system for lasting health and longevity...and when it comes to wound care, there’s only one product we’ve found that delivers on this promise: Ocean Aid® Spray.
Work in Harmony with Your Immunity!If you experience cuts, scrapes, burns, sores, psoriasis or diabetic ulcers or other chronic wounds, common antibacterial ointments often do more harm than good. Instead, work in harmony with your immune system with all-natural Ocean Aid® Spray. With Coral Reef Sea Salt containing more than 82 trace minerals and Lysozume for all-natural defense against bacterial infection, Ocean Aid® Spray can support your body in fast and effective wound healing. Make Sure Ocean Aid® Spray Is In Your Medicine Cabinet: Learn More and Order Here
*When it comes to Ocean Aid® products, Body Ecology ONLY supports Ocean Aid® Spray for it’s all-natural ingredients.
Ocean Aid® Spray supports fast, effective wound healing with ingredients that support immunity. The four ingredients in Ocean Aid® Spray are:
- Reverse Osmosis Filtered Water - The Reverse Osmosis Process removes harmful impurities including lead, heavy metals, chlorine, chemicals, contaminants, pesticides, pathogens, bacteria, viruses and even radioactive materials. Reverse Osmosis filters water by squeezing water through a semi-permeable membrane, which is rated at 0.0001 micron (equals to 0.00000004 inch).
- Coral Reef Sea Salt – contains over 82 trace elements and minerals essential for living cells and life. Sea Salt is a vital ingredient for the survival of all living creatures. Salt is in every cell of your body including tissues and fluids. You cannot survive without it.
- Lysozyme - provides a natural antibacterial function in human biological liquids such as tears, saliva, blood, gastrological fluid, intestinal fluid, embryonic fluid, and urine. It is naturally found in many organisms such as plants, insects, birds, reptiles and mammals. Tests show that topically applied lysozyme breaks down more than 650 different types of viruses, fungi, bacteria and disease.
Lysozyme targets harmful bacteria, while sparing beneficial bacteria. This is vastly different from antibiotics, which tend to kill all bacteria, even the “good guys” that help you heal.
- Sodium Benzoate - the sodium of “benzoic acid”. Sodium Benzoate has been used by food manufactures for over 80 years to inhibit microbial growth and can prevent the growth of yeast, bacteria and fungi.
Approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association
Ocean Aid is an “Approved Product” of the American Podiatric Medical Association, so its ability to help heal a wide variety of skin conditions has been tested by prominent podiatric doctors.
Ocean Aid Spray has been recommended by Dr. Paul Glaser for:
- Stages I-IV Ulcers (Diabetic & Pressure)
- Skin conditions, like psoriasis
- Athlete’s Foot
- Infected ingrown toenails
- Surgical Incisions
- Can be used as a prep for bio and synthetic skin grafts
In fact, Dr. Glaser has seen dramatic results with Ocean Aid®, such as:
- Reduced healing time for chronic diabetic ulcers.
- Reduced healing time and after a common surgical procedure (nearly half the time it takes to heal compared with using topical antibiotic applications).
- Reduced risk of infection with regular use.
- Relief from pain and burning when applied after surgery.
Work in Harmony with Your Immunity
The best way to heal your body is to boost your immunity, your body’s best defense against viral, fungal and bacterial infections. When you are eating a healthy Body Ecology diet, you are giving your body a leg up when it comes to strong immunity.
And when it comes to supporting your body’s healing process, we recommend you work in harmony with your immunity with all-natural products like Ocean Aid® Spray.
We are always on the lookout for all-natural solutions for your best health. While you should always consult with your health care professional for any chronic medical condition, you may find that the closer you get to nature and natural products, like Ocean Aid® Spray, the more you “turn on” your body’s own innate ability to heal.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, cure, or prevent any diseases.
- Dix, Kathy. Wound Care, Infection Control Today, May 2006.
- Monitoring oxygen in healing wounds. EPR Center for the Study of Viable Systems, Dartmouth Medical School.http://www.dartmouth.edu/~eprctr/wounds/wounds.htm <http://www.dartmouth.edu/~eprctr/wounds/wounds.htm>
- Glaser, Paul, DPM, FACAS, “What’s In Your Medicine Cabinet”, presentation at Summit Podiatry, North Carolina.http://naturalwoundcare.com/pdf/Ocean_Aid_Presentation_Dr_Glaser.pdf
- Glaser, Paul, DPM, FACAS, “Porokeratosis of Mibelli”, Summit Podiatry, North Carolina.
- Glaser, Paul, DPM, FACAS, “Post-Op Phenol-Alcohol Procedure”, Study In The Use Of Ocean Aid Products In Common Podiatric Conditions, presentation at Summit Podiatry, North Carolina.
- Glaser, Paul, DPM, FACAS. “Study In The Use Of Ocean Aid Products In Common Podiatric Conditions”, presentation at Summit Podiatry, North Carolina.http://naturalwoundcare.com/pdf/Dr_Glaser_Clinical_Study.pdf <http://naturalwoundcare.com/pdf/Dr_Glaser_Clinical_Study.pdf>